Privacy and Data Policy
This policy adheres to the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) 2018. For the purposes of this policy Oxford Breast Buddy Group is the data controller.
Oxford Breast Buddy Group: The Manor Hospital, Beech Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7RP. Registered Charity Number 1166891
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Oxford Breast Buddy Group may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
– Information about how you use this website
– Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering to join OBBG including:
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By joining our mailing list, you consent to us processing and collecting the aforementioned data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below:
– Outlining the activities of OBBG that you may be interested in.
– Ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
– Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so.
– Sending you our newsletters from time to time that you have consented to receive.
– Sending you marketing communications that you have consented to receive.
SECURING YOUR DATA
Oxford Breast Buddy Group will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Oxford Breast Buddy Group will store all the personal information you provide securely and in accordance with UK data protection laws, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will never pass on your details to third parties without receiving your consent to do so.
We may share data for approved research projects but if so this will remain anonymous so that you cannot be identified and if this is not possible we will ask for your consent.
However, if we are required by law to disclose information we will be obliged to do so.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Your data will be retained for up to 36 months, within which time Oxford Breast Buddy Group will seek your consent to continue to hold such information.
If you no longer wish to be contacted in relation to information, products or services that you have previously requested from us, please contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. You have the right to have your information amended or deleted upon request. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com
Following GDPR guidelines Oxford Breast Buddy Group will answer and action all requests within 28 days of receipt.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.